Maltofer® is an oral iron treatment that is used for the treatment of iron deficiency in adolescents and adults where the use of iron supplements is not tolerated, or otherwise inappropriate. It is clinically proven to correct iron levels, with significantly fewer side effects than ferrous iron supplements currently available.
Controlled iron absorption has some distinct and clinically proven benefits. Studies have shown that patients taking Maltofer experience:
- Fewer and milder side effects, such as constipation and nausea
- Reliable correction of iron levels
- The convenience of taking iron with food
- Maltofer® iron does not require Vitamin C for optimal absorption
- No interactions with most medications have been reported to date. (Although Maltofer® has few interactions with other drugs, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking Maltofer with other medications)