Provides omega-6 essential fatty acid (EFA) and gamma linolenic acid (GLA) for skin and hormonal health.
- Supports normal hormone regulation during the menstrual cycle
- Supports healthy skin
- Assists with joint mobility and comfort
- Supports healthy brain function for mental focus and mood balance
Good quality omega-6 (GLA) in a single high level formulation. The easy-to-swallow gel caps also contain vitamin E for antioxidant protection for the evening primrose oil.
Evening primrose oil (EPO) is a plant oil rich in the essential fatty acid called gamma linolenic acid (GLA), also known as omega-6. This converts to a hormone-like substance called prostaglandin E1, which supports the body in regulating inflammatory processes. EPO can offer the body support in areas such as joint discomfort or skin health challenges. GLA also supports normal hormone production and hormone balance.
Each gelatin capsule contains:
|Evening Primrose Oil||1000||mg|
|Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA)||100||mg|
|Other fatty acids (including linoleic acid and oleic acid)||900||mg|
Also contains: d-alpha tocopherol, soybean oil
No Added: Sugar, artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours or preservatives.
Adults: 1 to 2 capsules, 2 to 3 times daily.
As a maintenance, take 1 capsule once or twice daily.
- Epilepsy – A study has shown that supplemental GLA may increase the tendency of epileptic patients to have seizures. Affected individuals may want to consider using Omega-3 (fish oil) as a source of essential fatty acids.
- Individuals on blood thinning medications should consult a health professional before taking evening primrose oil especially in high levels as it may affect blood clotting times.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult a health professional before taking this product.
- Antipsychotic medication An unconfirmed study showed schizophrenia to worsen in some individuals. Use with caution in this group.
- Anticonvulsant medication GLA may alter the effects of this medication in epileptics. Use under supervision of a health professional.
- Anticoagulant medication, Antiplatelet medication GLA in high levels, may affect blood clotting, altering the effects of these medications. Use under supervision of a health professional.