This research-based multivitamin and mineral formula is specifically to support people who have kidney impairment.
- Support for individuals with reduced kidney function
- Funded by Pharmac for stage 5 CKD patients or those on peritoneal or haemodialysis
Developed with nephrologists and renal dietitians, this product is funded for stage 5 chronic kidney disease patients but is suitable for use with reduced kidney function. Renal Vit affords a higher level of compliance with once daily supplement.
People with renal disease have specific requirements for vitamins and minerals. Some can become depleted through diet restrictions and through dialysis. General multivitamins contain some vitamins and minerals that should not be given to renal patients as they are harmful.
Renal Vit provides essential vitamins and minerals in well tolerated at appropriate levels necessary to support those with reduced kidney function. It also omits or limits the use of nutrients that could be potentially harmful, based clinical research.
Each gelatin capsule contains:
|Vitamin B1 (thiamine)||1.5||mg|
|Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)||2.0||mg|
|Vitamin B3 (nicotinamide)||20||mg|
|Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)||5.0||mg|
|Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)||8.2||mg|
|Vitamin B7 (biotin)||30||mcg|
|Vitamin B9 (folic acid)||400||mcg|
|Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)||2.4||mcg|
|Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)||60||mg|
|Vitamin D (cholecalciferol)||25||mcg|
|Copper (copper gluconate)||120||mcg|
|Iron (ferrous fumarate)||8||mg|
|Zinc (zinc amino acid chelate)||6.4||mg|
Also contains: Maltodextrin, magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide.
No Added: Gluten, dairy, yeast, sugar, artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours or preservatives.
- Do not use in patients with known sensitivity to vitamin D. Use with caution in individuals with high calcium levels, primary hyperparathyroidism or disorders of calcium metabolism such as sarcoidosis, hypercalciuria, tuberculosis and lymphomas. Additional vitamin D may raise calcium levels and increase the risk of renal stones and renal failure.
- Exercise caution in people with erythrocyte glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency, haemochromatosis, thalassaemia major or sideroblastic anaemia due to the vitamin C content.
- Exercise caution due to zinc content. Amiloride reduces zinc excretion which may lead to zinc accumulation. Supplementation with zinc should be used with caution.
- Considered suitable during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Keep out of reach of children.