Natural serotonin support from the Griffonia simplicifolia seed for balanced mood and sleep support.
- Supports mood balance and sleep quality
- Supports the maintenance of normal serotonin levels
- Helps mental and physical relaxation
- May help those who suffer muscular discomfort when stressed or fatigued
Our most popular mood support product that provides a natural alternative for those looking for balanced serotonin levels. Can be used long-term and is well tolerated.
5-HTP is naturally sourced from the Griffonia simplicifolia
seed and is an amino acid used in the normal production of serotonin. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter (brain chemical) used by the body to support feelings of happiness and relaxation. It is also converted into melatonin, a substance that aids deeper sleep.
Each gelatin capsule contains:
Also contains: Calcium lactate, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, tapioca powder. Calcium content (from calcium lactate) 48mg/capsule.
No Added: Gluten, dairy, yeast, sugar, artificial colours or preservatives.
Adults: 1 to 3 capsules at night or as directed.
- Individuals taking medications or dietary supplements for their mental health should not begin taking 5-HTP without consulting a health professional.
- Little is known about the use of 5-HTP in pregnancy and breastfeeding. This supplement is not recommended for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding unless under health supervision.
- Occasional side effects reported include nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea, especially at high levels. If these symptoms occur, reduce to a lower level and gradually increase. Taking this supplement with meals may also help.
- Do not use this product while taking SSRI medication or other antidepressants unless under the supervision of a health professional.
- SSRI Medication This product should not be used alongside SSRI medication, unless under supervision.
- MAOI Medication This product should not be used alongside MAOI medication, unless under supervision.
- Serotonin Antagonists (methysergide, cyproheptadine) 5-HTP may inhibit their effectiveness.
- St. Johns Wort This product should not be used alongside St John’s Wort, unless under supervision.